How to set a default printer with BSD under SunOS?

How to set a default printer with BSD under SunOS?

Post by J. Zh » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi knowledgable and experienced people in the newsgroups, I would like
to get some information on how to set a default printer with BSD
printing commands? Our server is running under SunOS 4.1.3_U1 and lpd is
the printer daemon to accept printing requests.

We have two printers. I want to set one of them as default
printer so that I can use lp command without using -d option.

Thank you very much for your great help.

Johnny

1. How to set a default printer with BSD under SunOS?

Hi knowledgable and experienced people in the newsgroups, I would like
to get some information on how to set a default printer with BSD
printing commands? Our server is running under SunOS 4.1.3_U1 and lpd is
the printer daemon to accept printing requests.

We have two printers. I want to set one of them as default
printer so that I can use lp command without using -d option.

Thank you very much for your great help.

Johnny

2. HELP! Problems with rootimage.

3. Linux did windows before Windoze!?

4. How to obtain the info of ip,netmask ,default gateway set currently in bsd system?

5. Compiling modules without compiling kernel

6. SunOS 5.4: Setting default router causes reboot to fail

7. Help: my system freezes when I move windows

8. Setting the default timezone in SunOS

9. setting up printers under SunOS 5.6

10. How to set printer filters on SunOS 4.1.x

11. Setting a default printer for one user

12. setting up the printer on my X-Terminal as the default for my login