How many Servers should we use?

Post by abe » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:41:01

Hi list,

we have to define a architetcure for a heterogenous ERP system (JD
Edwards, Hr Access, specific development, Domino,...). Each one of
these solutions should be ran on 3 tiers (Data, Application and Web
servers).

We advise our client to use many physical machines for two reasons at
less :
1) don't have one point of failure
2) editors (JDE, IBM, ...) recommend to use seperate machines for
their products.

our client prefer to use one or two big machines for these reasons :
1) cost
2) ease of administration

I'll be pleased if you can share any idea or experience in this topic!

thanks in advance
Amine Belouali

1. Extended unix server tty port using a terminal server...

Hi:

I would like to know if we can "extend" some "virtual" tty port on a

Unix server using a terminal server (like a Cisco 2511 for example)

with some kind of reverse telnet session ?

Thanks for any help.

Wayne Veilleux ing.                                 Tel: +1 514 893-1170
Conseiller Snior                                   Fax: +1 450 649-2419
------------------------------- ConneXim -------------------------------

2. Getting an NE2000 ethernet card to work under Linux

3. Multiple Client/Server Chat server(Using threads)

4. Allowing non-root users to run audisp?

5. What server is Yahoo using?

6. Linux on 386: a datapoint

7. FTP Server w/out using system account

8. CMD Technologies SCSI driver for Linux

9. How can I set up a local mail server inside firewall using qmail?

10. Server hostname being used when DNS fails

11. Programming a file server for linux using TCP/IP - Need help urgently

12. FTP server behind firewall using IP Chains?

13. X Server Error when using SRGP graphics library -- Help!!