System V (UNISYS) - Using "ct"

Post by Brent G. Newso » Wed, 12 Jan 1994 02:59:23

I am trying to implement a "call-back" setup for security on a UNISYS computer
running System V, Release 3.  The problem that I am having is that the ct program
reads the Devices file and decides that there is no device available at the speed
I request.  I am sure that I have the entry in the Devices file correct (at least
according to the manual) so is there something else that I am missing (ie other
files or something that should have entries) ??

Could it be that the modem is not correctly setup (ie sending a Terminal Ready,
or something similar) which is causing the OS to believe the TTY line is busy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brent

--
| BRENT G. NEWSOME                      |  Mail Addresses:                    |
| 45B Elmwood Avenue, Apt #317          |  INET/ENVOY:  P.NEWSOME             |