A (possible dumb) CURSES question

Post by Adam S. Moskowi » Sun, 02 Dec 1990 14:43:00

I've noticed that programs that use 'curses' seem to move the cursor to the
bottom of the screen before exiting.  When my multi-line prompt is output,
the top few lines scroll off the top of my screen.  When a program such as
'less' does this, I am forced to then type 'cat !$' if I needed to see what
the first n lines were.  IS THERE A WAY TO TELL CURSES TO NOT DO THIS?  If
so, how?  As usual, please email responses and I will post a summary.

Thanx,
AdamM
--
Adam S. Moskowitz       ...!{decvax,ihnp4,linus,necntc,talcott}!encore!adamm

     "And while we're here with our friends so dear we'll drive dull
      care away."  --  _The_Sacred_Harp_, B.F. White & E.J. King

1. EIDE support? (possible dumb question)

I'm looking at buying a Gateway 2000 Pentium Pro machine; but I'd like to
forgo SCSI.  Does FreeBSD support any EIDE hard drives?  I'm not sure what
the difference is betwixt IDE and EIDE at all.

Thanks for any pointers,
-Jerry
--

 WWW:      http://www.tekamah.com/~jerry/

2. ADSL & analogic modem together

3. dumb question-linux serving '95 lan??? possible?

4. Command to backup to QIC80

5. Dumb Question (are multiple X sessions possible?)

6. User Auth Format?

7. dumb da dumb dumb newbie prob.

8. Allegro CL & Red Hat Linux versions

9. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!

10. dumb dumb question

11. curses curses curses

12. CURSES QUESTION: how do you 'shell' from curses?

13. A curses question - Curses + Colors