D/A and A/D converters usable with SUN, 80386 Unix or similar

D/A and A/D converters usable with SUN, 80386 Unix or similar

Post by Greg Cors » Fri, 02 Mar 1990 02:40:00

Is anyone familiar with any kinds of D/A and A/D converters that can be
used on a SUN workstation, 80386 Unix box or similar Unix computer?  What
I really need is something that already has UNIX drivers, I really can't
afford to take time to write my own.

I would like to see sampling rates of around 50,000 khz at 14 or 16 bit
resolution.  The application is audio signal processing and sound
recording.

It would be nice if the board could go up to 100,000khz, but it is not
required. Two inputs and two outputs would be nice, but one input and
one output would do if that's all you happen to know about.

I would also like to hear about any good signal processing boards that
could be used with the computers I mention above.

Oh, info on any good signal processing software for Unix would be greatly
appreciated.  Particularly if it is in the public domain.

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306 (weekdays till 6 PM eastern)
{pur-ee,rutgers,uunet}!iuvax!ndmath!milo

1. Unix for 80386

Has anyone had any experience with releases of UNIX (that's true Sys V or BSD
NOT XENIX) that will run on 80386 PC type machines like the Compaq-386 or
Multitek-386?

If you have, let me know about it...I am particularly interested in hearing
how easy it is to port sources from USENET to and how reliable/fast it is.

I am NOT interested in hearing about XENIX, I have a machine running XENIX
already (an Altos) and already know what a ripping pain it is to port sources
to.

If there are any releases of Unix V/BSD that run on 80286 based PC's I would
be interested in hearing about those too.

Also, if you have any information about NFS for the afformentioned versions
of Unix or info on any GOOD multiport serial card (4-10 ports) that could
be used with the above...let me know.

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306 (weekdays till 6 central)

2. Which Linux Package?

3. UNIX for 80386 Machines

4. BP6 Locking up when installing Mandrake 7.1 and up

5. Serious 80386 bug

6. hostname incorrect - causing several problems?

7. Linux on 80386?

8. Tatung tda1022 VGA System and XF86

9. Looking for help in making C funcs containing 80386 assembler code

10. Linux on 80386

11. Can I install Linux on a 80386/33MHz PC?

12. Use -486 w/80386 processor

13. fix verify_write for 80386 support