SUMMARY: how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

SUMMARY: how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

Post by Hao Wa » Wed, 09 Jun 1993 01:21:37

My original question:

Quote:>I try to use normal enter key and keypad enter key in different ways.
>Is there any way to distinguish it? I noticed that some times both
>key passes same sequence code like 0b. But some times they are different.
>One with 0b and another with escept characters. What trigs that?
>Any way I can set it? Thanks for all help.

Couple people were kind enouth to give me a quick response and soluction.

Quote:>Sounds like you're using a VT terminal that's going in and out of
>keypad application mode.  If you're using curses(3x), and set keypad
>mode on, it will transmit the terminfo/termcap capability smkx/ks and
>will transmit rmkx/ke when you exit keypad mode.

along with some tips of setting from csh. and keyboard for vt220.

Thanks to

Hao Wang

1. how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

UNIX Gurus,

I try to use normal enter key and keypad enter key in different ways.
Is there any way to distinguish it? I noticed that some times both
key passes same sequence code like 0b. But some times they are different.
One with 0b and another with escept characters. What trigs that?
Any way I can set it? Thanks for all help.

Hao Wang

2. verite 1000

3. xconsole and key pad keys do not work in XFree3.1.1

4. secure bootup phase (lilo,boot)

5. Help on setting up internet server.

6. How can I map the Enter Key with Curses ??

7. Solaris 8 server monitoring script / tool - Beginner Question

8. use esc key to exit GRUB graphical boot menu and enter command line mode

9. BASH : read Enter key question

10. Reading an enter key with out scrolling screen

11. Kill the "Enter Key" in a bash script.

12. RS/6000 gopher 1.03 client Enter key problem