Wanted : viewer(s) allowing Unix & VMS users to view MS Word/Excel/PP ??

Wanted : viewer(s) allowing Unix & VMS users to view MS Word/Excel/PP ??

Post by Anne Stordi » Fri, 21 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm not very familiar with Unix and VMS environments, but need to find
a solution for viewing of MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint documents
by Unix and VMS workstations without having to go to WABI or such
alternatives.

Does anyone know if this exists or where I should be looking at ?

Thanks a lot.

Anne.

Post by Scott G. Ha » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I'm not very familiar with Unix and VMS environments, but need to find
>a solution for viewing of MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint documents
>by Unix and VMS workstations without having to go to WABI or such
>alternatives.

>Does anyone know if this exists or where I should be looking at ?

Try using a commercial product for UNIX that includes the capability
to handle foreign document formats.  A good example is FrameMaker,
an electronic publishing program that can read the formats you
mentioned, both from Macs and MS-DOS; might be overkill, but it works.

There are others in the free-world, but I can't point to them right now...
(literally - no web browser today)

--
- sgh     What are you doing, reading the words at the bottom?!?   Key Grip!?!
          What is a key grip anyway?!  I don't give credit to anybody -- it's

AT&T Bell Laboratories - GCBS, Columbus, OH, USA

1. Books about UNIX, Windows 95 & NT , MS word , excel and more...

We are an AMAZON.COM associated online bookstore.
Using  AMAZON.COM's  service you can buy the best books
now using safe online  facilities of a well  established
online bookstore. If you have dificulties to find a book
let us help you.
We can search in more than one million titles.
Please visit us at:

http://www.a-quality.holowww.com/biblio-net

Thank you
I. Stavridou

2. XF86 4.0.3 with v4l-extension and xawtv prob

3. Netscape plugin for view/edit MS Word/Excel documents?

4. Providing web-interface-like password changing facility to Users

5. Program to view MS Word and/or Excel files on HP-UX?

6. Binaries from other OS's

7. Microsoft File viewer (Winword,Excel,PP) for Linux ?????

8. dial up connection

9. Need MS Word .doc viewer for Unix

10. ms-word viewer for unix

11. Unix MS-Word Viewer??