Core File Analysis - URGENT HELP REQD.

Post by manoj_sasidha.. » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello Unix Gurus,

I have a question for u.

How can we analyse a core file? Is there any utility to examine the
core file created by a process. I would further like to know if we can
get to the function or filename:line number where the core occured
using some unix utility.

Thanks to provide information on this.

Best Regards

MS

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by John Gord » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> How can we analyse a core file? Is there any utility to examine the
> core file created by a process.

yes.  dbx, adb, or gdb, depending on your system.

Quote:> I would further like to know if we can
> get to the function or filename:line number where the core occured
> using some unix utility.

yes, if you have the source code to the program and if the program
was compiled with the debugging option.

if you have dbx, you would type "dbx program core", and then once
within dbx, type "where" to see where the program crashed.

---
"... What with you being his parents and all, I think that you could
be trusted not to shaft him."  -- Robert Chang, rec.games.board

1. Core File Analysis - URGENT HELP REQD.

Hello Unix Gurus,

I have a question for u.

How can we analyse a core file? Is there any utility to examine the
core file created by a process. I would further like to know if we can
get to the function or filename:line number where the core occured
using some unix utility.

Thanks to provide information on this.

Best Regards

MS

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. automated multiple file deleting

3. core dump file analysis

4. FREE PHONE CARD!

5. how to crash-time process sizes during core file analysis

6. Problems with SITE EXEC

7. core dump file analysis

8. How to build 32-bit code?

9. Analysis of core dump file

10. core file analysis

11. Urgent Info on ld on Solaris 2.3 reqd !!!!

12. When a core file is not a core file