incremental compilation question

Post by temp acct to clean d » Sun, 10 Jul 1994 18:30:59

Hello, world,

I'm trying to compile a program in which some names conflict
with those in stdlib.  Is there a way for me to instruct the
linker so that when it tries to resolve symbols in the libc.a
it won't look into my own programs?

As a quick fix, I gave -u option to make some symbol undefined
when linking; however, the linker still uses the very symbol
from my program that I designated as undefined.  Hmm.

Anybody knows what's happening?  My config:
   Sparc II, SunOS 4.1.1

Thanks for any help.

Note: it is impossible for me to systematically change all the
names in the source program.

1. Incremental Linker (Question)

Does anybody know of an incremental linker
ported or developed for Linux ?
thanx in advance

The MathWorks, Inc.     http://www.mathworks.com
24 Prime Park Way
Natick, MA 01760-1500

2. df is killing my root partition: OUCH!

3. !!!Emergency!!! Question On Incremental Backup.

4. Network Time Synchronization

5. Incremental Backup Question

6. Port forwarding

7. Incremental backup question.

8. Regular Expressions HELP needed

9. Cross compilation compilation problems

10. Compilation Questions !

11. Kernel compilation question.

12. GCC & XEmacs compilation mode question/help

13. cpp compilation error question