timer on file

Post by mfiel » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:39:02

Hello,
Is it possible to create a file that expires (ie is removed) after some
given amount of time? Thanks in advance

timer on file

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:17:26

>Hello,
>Is it possible to create a file that expires (ie is removed) after some
>given amount of time? Thanks in advance

Schedule an at-job to delete the file.

--

Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA

timer on file

Post by Jens.Toerr.. » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:20:27

> Is it possible to create a file that expires (ie is removed) after some
> given amount of time? Thanks in advance

No. But if you don't want the file to auto-destruct (maybe even
after if has been copied by someone) but just want to delete the
version you still have you can set up a 'cron' or 'at' job that
deletes the file at a certain time.
                                        Regards, Jens
--

 | |_| |  | |    | |          http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~toerring