adding a comment to a command on the commandline

adding a comment to a command on the commandline

Post by Eric Smit » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:35:08

I use history a lot and would like to "tag" certain commands like say
complex calc (1) ones with a descriptive tag that is ignored by
the interpreter.  The reflex of going for `#' dont cut it.

Is there a way?  Or - What is the way?

thanx

Eric

Post by Chris F.A. Johnso » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:34:47

> I use history a lot and would like to "tag" certain commands like say
> complex calc (1) ones with a descriptive tag that is ignored by
> the interpreter.  The reflex of going for `#' dont cut it.

    Why not?

    My code (if any) in this post is copyright 2003, Chris F.A. Johnson

Post by Eric Smit » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:57:28

>> I use history a lot and would like to "tag" certain commands like say
>> complex calc (1) ones with a descriptive tag that is ignored by
>> the interpreter.  The reflex of going for `#' dont cut it.

>     Why not?

It was zsh thing needed
setopt InteractiveComments

Post by Chuck Dillo » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:41:28

> I use history a lot and would like to "tag" certain commands like say
> complex calc (1) ones with a descriptive tag that is ignored by
> the interpreter.  The reflex of going for `#' dont cut it.

> Is there a way?  Or - What is the way?

> thanx

> Eric

Tue Jul  8 09:40:55 CDT 2003