WABI and Windows Applications

Post by Sridhar Kompell » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

My system has WABI installed on it.

My question is: Can I run an Office97 application like Powerpoint or
Excel off a PC while logged on to a Sun Workstation? Perhaps by using
Samba.....?

Please enlighten. Thanks.

Sridhar Kompella

PS: My E-Mail address has been altered to avoid being spammed. Please
remove the nospam while mailing to me.

Post by Jason Cusic » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> My system has WABI installed on it.

> My question is: Can I run an Office97 application like Powerpoint or
> Excel off a PC while logged on to a Sun Workstation? Perhaps by using
> Samba.....?

I don't think WABI can run 32 bit applications only 16.

1. questions about Wabi. WABI <---> WIN95 applications??

hi,

I'd like to use microsoft word and some other window application (visio) on
my solaris 2.5.1 workstation.

I have wabi 2.2 rev A installed on my workstation, but found out
that it is asking for WIN 3.1.

My question: is there a Wabi release to run Win95 applications and not
just just Win 3.1 ?

Has any one actually used Wabi to use word 6.0 (I'd rather use Word 7.0, but
that requires Win95). Has anyone also used Visio on Wabi?

Can one run any Windows application on Wabi? or some subset? how large
is this subset? is Wabi the best UNIX environment to run windows applications
on? I have heared of something called soft-windows, but know nothing
about it.

thanks,
Nasser
--
Nasser Abbasi. Perkin Elmer - Applied BioSystem division.
Development of DNA and Protein analysis software. C/C++/UNIX.

2. Follow-up: Re: Debuging Segmentation Violation Fault

3. invoke WABI application from outside WABI?

4. (Q) changing login prompt

5. Windows 3.1 (or 3.11), Solaris, Windows 95, and Wabi

6. Problems with using 2 ethernet cards -- please help!

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. lpr mystery

9. Will WABI support character based DOS applications???

10. Wabi woes...application won't run...

11. WABI / 32 bits applications

12. Application Installation/Configuration for WABI under 2.3

13. WABI: Which win games do run under Wabi?