mini-script for settinge env-variables ? {Faq?}

mini-script for settinge env-variables ? {Faq?}

Post by Heiko Hero » Sat, 24 Apr 1993 16:45:46

Sometimes i need setting several variables (nbtw i'm using bash)

i tryed a minimalist-script like

VAR=xxx
VAR2=yyy
export VAR VAR2

but i didn't work (which i expected {sp?})
How is it possible using a script for variables-setting (but NOT in the
.bashrc) ?

I read the Faq (sigh) but or I'm blind or the answer isn't there....

please email...Thanks

--

- Don't let the SUN go down on me {George Micheal}
- Hi Mom. I know nobody reads manuals and FaQs, but I knew _you_ would. I

mini-script for settinge env-variables ? {Faq?}

Post by Ray Jon » Wed, 28 Apr 1993 08:45:17

Quote:>Sometimes i need setting several variables (nbtw i'm using bash)
>i tryed a minimalist-script like
>VAR=xxx
>VAR2=yyy
>export VAR VAR2
>but i didn't work (which i expected {sp?})
>How is it possible using a script for variables-setting (but NOT in the
>.bashrc) ?

If you have the above script in a file called "min_script", you will have to
involk it with
 . min_script
 ^-note the "dot" here, that is, dot srcitp_name.   This will set your
 variables.
--

UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!ray   6641 East Mercer Way
             uunet!camco!ray   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591

1. How can i load conf-variables into env-variables?

Hallo

I wana load variables from a conf-file like e.g.

a=/etc/pass
b=Ohhh
c=3

as environment-variabels. So that I get access to this variables from
another shell script with e.g.

echo $a
echo $b
echo $c

Is there a way to include this config-file into the shell?

Thanx for help

Lars

2. Q: Tab size in shell

3. how to handle env-variables ?

4. QIC-80 Floppy based Tape support?

5. ENV variables for code install script

6. Lexmark X125

7. Setting env. variable within shell script

8. Why aren't all Ethernet cards the same?

9. Q: How to use sh shell script to modify parent process env variables?

10. Setting ENV variables from ksh script

11. ?:pass new ENV variables to CGI scripts

12. how do I auto export env variables from a script?

13. Executing a shell script to set env variables