Getting MacPPP to work with BSDI 2.1

Post by Mike » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

One of my users is running MacPPP 2.2 as a client. I have configured the Dial-In Login
Script to dial-in correctly to my Server. When the application is executing the script
it stops at "Password: Waiting for text". I made sure that no info was placed in the PAP
fields.

What else can cause this problem???

Thanks in advance...

Mike

Getting MacPPP to work with BSDI 2.1

Post by David G. Cann » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

Mike,

Make sure this is what you have for the Connect Script:

wait            login:
out             P<username>     cr
wait            Password:
out             <password>      cr

If this is correct, then it should work. Also, make sure your MacTCP is set to
"Server" for obtaining the IP address. Like I told you before, I recommend
using FreePPP over MacPPP. FreePPP is more stable and has some extra features.

Did you get the Win95 machines working with the Dial-Up Scripting Tool?

*David*

>  One of my users is running MacPPP 2.2 as a client. I have configured the
>   Dial-In Login
>  Script to dial-in correctly to my Server. When the application is executing
>   the script
>  it stops at "Password: Waiting for text". I made sure that no info was placed
>   in the PAP
>  fields.

>  What else can cause this problem???

>  Thanks in advance...

>  Mike

1. BSDI 2.1 Apache 1.1.1 Zombie "D" Status Processes

We are running BSDI 2.1 with all of the patches and running
Apache 1.1.1.

It appears that, after going to BSDI 2.1, Apache (even the 1.00
that I was using previously) would slowly build up some kind
of baggage that would eventually cause web connections to hang.

We are running 500,000 hits on some days and this "hang" might
take 1/2 to 2 days to come to.

When I got to Apache 1.1.1 I ran up the scoreboard and found
processes that would go into "D" status and then stay there
until they were killed.

Well, yes, I'm a slimy blind-curve-passing hack and I put in
an alarm(120) just as apache began to lookup the DNS, and put
another alarm(0) just as it finished.  Hehehehehe... I'm still\
a little nervous, but the dagone httpd "D" zombies seem to
kill themselves off at just exactly 120 seconds as the scoreboard
says.

I may have my problem licked but I'm not sure and I'm nervouse
about my "whacko" solution.  Has anyone else seen this problem and
does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Cheers!

--

Jobs - Graphic Arts - Commercial Production -> http://studio.vni.net/jobs/

Indianapolis     Indianapolis    Indianapolis Metro  http://www.vnii.net/
Indiana          Indiana         Indiana
Washington  DC   Washington DC   Washington DC Metro  http://www.vni.net/
Virtual Networks Incorporated     Virtual Networks of Indiana, Incorporated

Jobs - Graphic Arts - Commercial Production -> http://studio.vni.net/jobs/

2. Can't get AudioEvent on Fvwm95

3. WU-FTPDm BSDI 2.1, recompiling problems

4. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

5. BSDI compatibility in 2.1-stable ?

6. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

7. How configure Linux 1.2.13, BSDI 2.1, and Windows NT on the same PC?

8. socket([A | P]F_INET)

9. SATAN 1.1.1 on BSDi 2.1

10. Apache 1.03, BSDI 2.1 and CPU Overload

11. Microsoft: BSDI 2.1 + Apache Where do you want to go today?

12. ARGUS 1.5 compile blows up on BSDI 2.1