Reply mail automatically using elm ?

Post by James Youngma » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Can we reply mail automatically using elm in HP-Unix ?
> When I received e-mail and just want to acknowledge them that I have
> received ...

There is a vacation-script that comes with elm.

Quote:> The version of elm I am using is version 112.2

Hmm, I'm on 2.4.25, so either I'm way behind or you are using HP's own
modified version, so perhaps you need to ask internally within HP?

Post by Kwh » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Can we reply mail automatically using elm in HP-Unix ?
When I received e-mail and just want to acknowledge them that I have
received ...
The version of elm I am using is version 112.2

Thanks ...
         _\\ //_
        (' - ')
?????? ?-(_)-? ??????
Any comments and ideas are appreciated ...
Name   : Kwan Weng Hong

Quote of the month :
"Your kid may be an honor student, but your still an *"

1. reply internal mail via ELM 2.4 PL23 error

Hi,

I posted my question on comp.mail.elm and got no answer. I hope
Sb. here can give me some hints.

I have a problem to reply internal email.
I am using ELM 2.4 PL23.

When I try to reply sb, I got an email bounced saying:

But elm can populate the user name correct under

Could you please email me your suggestion if you know?

PS. 1. I am using Solaris 2.3.
    2. I got elm binary file from a friends, so I do not have source to
recompile.

Thanx a lot in advance!

2. TCP Wrappers Problem

3. sendmail, elm, mail, mailx - need to prevent replies

4. What does mean "no multi in this directory"

5. Mail replies through anon server automatically. How?

6. Mount points

7. Elm problem: elm can't read mail file, why?

8. XView

9. adding Reply-To: header using ucb mail?

10. Changing Reply-to or the From using mail command

11. Mailx and elm get excessively slow after time using nfs mounted /var/mail...

12. Using ELM filter and shell script as mail server

13. Replying to net users using mail