filter esc / control characters to text only printer

filter esc / control characters to text only printer

Post by mad ATARI user alterna » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 05:56:21

how can i add a filter to:

man du | lpr

and filter out any esc or control characters to a text only printer ?

filter esc / control characters to text only printer

Post by Tim Hayne » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:12:09

Quote:> how can i add a filter to:

> man du | lpr

> and filter out any esc or control characters to a text only printer ?

ul(1) may be your friend - try ul -tt   or -t dumb.

Failing that, you might be able to do somewith with _enscript_ or _a2ps_ if
you have them installed.

~Tim
--
  22:11:03 up 167 days, 22:47,  2 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.12, 0.08

http://piglet.is.dreaming.org     |(seen during a recent, >y2000, installation)

filter esc / control characters to text only printer

Post by Bill Marc » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:34:16

On 23 Apr 2002 13:56:21 -0700,

Quote:>how can i add a filter to:

>man du | lpr

>and filter out any esc or control characters to a text only printer ?

man col

filter esc / control characters to text only printer

Post by mad ATARI user alterna » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 02:29:31

MANY THANKS!

Quote:> how can i add a filter to:

> man du | lpr

> and filter out any esc or control characters to a text only printer ?

1. Filtering out ANSI ESC sequences from text file

   I recently downloaded a program that captures the output from a 'talk'
session to a file. The problem is that I use setenv TERM vt100 upon setup.
The talk log is FULL of stupid escape sequences. Is there an efficient way
to get rid of these.
   I am NOT a programmer, so I have to rely on the brain power of the NET
for help on this.

Jamie Gairns

p.s.  A priori thanks

2. sis 650 graphic card !!

3. How to filter out control characters (^M) in unix file using VI or VIM

4. Problem with SLIP/CSLIP/PPP

5. Filtering remote control-characters

6. Netscape crash

7. need lpr filter to handle F77 carriage control characters

8. syslimits.h and CHILD_MAX or OPEN_MAX

9. Help: Text filter utilities for doc version control

10. removing control characters from text files

11. Removing Control Characters From A Text File

12. remove control characters from a text file using vi

13. How do you delete control characters from a text file?