How to not have process number / 'done' line for background process?

How to not have process number / 'done' line for background process?

Post by Steve Gutte » Tue, 25 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to supress the 'process number' line and the 'done'
line when submitting a process to run in the background? I tried sending
it to /dev/null, but that didn't solve the problem. The exact command I
am trying is:    ls &

The two lines I would like to not have returned are:
                 nnnnnn  (process number)
                 Done

How to not have process number / 'done' line for background process?

Post by Bill Marc » Tue, 25 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Try this command:
sh -c "ls &"

--

On 22 July, 1996, at 6:00 pm GMT, everyone in the world
just START HUMMING.  Those who don't know will freak.