ZModem Transfer to remote host

Post by Mark Cab » Sun, 30 Jan 1994 22:36:31

Perhaps these nice people will help.. :)

  I have been attempting to up/download files to and from a remote
host (running DOS) using rz/sz, with no success. I am using rz v3.01
and sz v3.03.. I can get my terminal program to acknowledge that a
ZModem download is to take place, but it pauses and tells me it is
"waiting for file". I have tried adding rz -be to the terminal command
stack, but this has not made any difference. I am using "sz -be
<filename>" to tell my machine to be ready to receive files, but it
doesn't appear to work at all.

  I would appreciate any help on this matter. Either send e-mail or
reply here ASAP.

Mark.
--
--------------------------------------------------------.
 \ "No you don't! You can't take it from me now!        /

`--------------------------------------------------------'

Post by Kevin T. Whitak » Tue, 01 Feb 1994 02:31:09

> Perhaps these nice people will help.. :)

  Only if these nice people know what your configuration is. :-)
What terminal program are you running?

--

Kevin Whitaker                       |  The more I know,

1. Slow TCP transfer from 100 megabit host to 1000 megabit host

I have a Tivo running at 100 megabits (its top speed) on the same
network with 1 gigabit Linux hosts. TCP transfers from the Tivo are
very slow because of the bandwidth differential. During the TCP
session, the gigabit host will acknowledge the previous push packet
from the Tivo too quickly, and the switch drops it on the floor (as
observed with tcpdump). The Tivo will retransmit the previous packet,
and eventually it will get acknowledged and move on to the next frame.
The full throughput at this speed is around 5 megabits/s. If I set the
host interface to 100 megabits with ethtool, I get nearly the full 100
megabits of overall throughput.

Is there any way to throttle a TCP session to a specific host such
that acknowledgements are queued on the Linux host to simulate a 100
megabit session, and retain full gigabit bandwidth to every other
host?

I believe there are switches out there that can deal with this
bandwidth differential gracefully by queuing packets from a host
running at a greater speed, but unfortunately I went the cheap Linksys
route (SRW2048).

:(

2. Multi serial card: what card is it ?

3. Using Zmodem for file transfer over a direct connection.

4. Problems with require/use ... (or may be with brains?)

5. Incomplete Zmodem Transfer

6. How to account the size of the RAM?

7. Zmodem Transfer...

8. BFD and COFF

9. zmodem file transfer using rz

10. zmodem transfer fails

11. Zmodem transfers in a telnet session

12. zmodem file transfer problems

13. Unsuccesful Zmodem Transfers