HELP! Print-spooling job

Post by Demetris Gatziol » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I want to print a large (~200MB) postscript file on an PS plotter networked to
a Solaris 2.6.x box. I tried to print directly with lp -d <print_name>
<ps_filename> but the printer run out of memory. Printer has 78MB memory and it
handled a 105MB postscript file yesterday. Is there a command I can use to
"tell" the system to send the print request to the plotter gradually, so that
the plotter won't run of memory?
I would be grateful for any help

Demetrios

1. HELP! Print-spooling job

I want to print a large (~200MB) postscript file on an PS plotter networked to
a Solaris 2.6.x box. I tried to print directly with lp -d <print_name>
<ps_filename> but the printer run out of memory. Printer has 78MB memory and it
handled a 105MB postscript file yesterday. Is there a command I can use to
"tell" the system to send the print request to the plotter gradually, so that
the plotter won't run of memory?
I would be grateful for any help

Demetrios

2. how do i scan/mark bad hd sectors??

3. lpd: lost connection leaving print jobs in spool area

4. would you be my friend?

5. Spooled jobs won't print

6. rpm... segmentation fault. please help.

7. print jobs staying in spool/que

8. Linux and the IBM "idiotpads"

9. Problems with spooled print jobs, unspooled works okay

10. Best way to spool and filter print jobs for remote printer?

11. Network Print jobs stuck in spool on one host

12. Spooled Netword Print Jobs Causes ls -al To Hang

13. CUPS: Print jobs only get spooled!