encryption algorithm

Post by Andreas Fahrne » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I'd like to know what kind of encryption algorithm Solaris 2.5.1 uses to
encrypt its passwords and where I can get any demo source codes of this
algorithm.

Andreas

1. Encryption Algorithm Needed (desperately!)

G'day,

I am after a small piece of code that will perform a password encryption similarto the encryption algorithm that is used to store passwords in the UNIX
/etc/passwd file.  Can somebody please tell me where I can get something like
this, and ideally send it to.  I'm sure that it is only a small snippet of code.

Replies via Email please - I don't read ness all that often.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Jeffrey Smartt, Smartt Designs Pty. Ltd.
G.P.O. Box 619, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2001.

2. Changing text editor to gvim

3. UNIX encryption algorithm

4. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

5. How can I get ENCRYPTION algorithm ?

6. Jumpstart Question

7. A question about the encryption algorithm used in SecureRPC

8. yv tuner in linux and cd rewritable

9. Password encryption algorithms

10. Encryption algorithms

11. Seeking suggestions on encryption algorithm

12. encryption algorithm

13. htpasswd encryption algorithm