Can't ping my network from AIX/RS600 machine

Can't ping my network from AIX/RS600 machine

Post by Vu L » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I can ping any address outside out network, but I can ping any address
that is within our subnet.  What am I doing wrong in terms of TCP/IP
settings?

Can't ping my network from AIX/RS600 machine

Post by Vu L » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Sorry.

I can't ping any ip in my subnet, but I can ping any internet address
outside of my network.

Post by Henr » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I can ping any address outside out network, but I can ping any address
> that is within our subnet.  What am I doing wrong in terms of TCP/IP
> settings?

Without anything else to go on, it sounds like your routing table may
have an interesting entry.

Post by Christian Armou » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

: I can ping any address outside out network, but I can ping any address
: that is within our subnet.  What am I doing wrong in terms of TCP/IP
: settings?

UCLA?  I could have sworn this was from a a Dilbert comic.

cak

Christian Armour-Kidson                                  Universite du Quebec

Tel: 514-732-2542                                             E PLURIBUS UNIX

Post by Nicolas.Bela » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I can ping any address outside out network, but I can ping any address
> that is within our subnet.  What am I doing wrong in terms of TCP/IP
> settings?

if you do a subnetting, watch out your network mask (if other than
255.255.255.0)
another solution : routing tables in a router with two network cards
--
        Nicolas BELAN
        Responsable Club ACTIF

        AKA Pelerin on Irc

1. Network problem, can't ping other machines on same network

Hi,

I setup a machine with RH 5.1 in a small LAN. All seems to work fine. My

network card is correctly recognised by the system but I can't ping
other's computers.
So, if I ping my own machine (eg : 192.168.55.1 or 127.0.0.1)
everything's ok but when I try to ping
an other machine (eg :192.168.55.2 or 192.168.55.3...) nothing hapens.
My network setting are

IP : 192.168.55.1
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
SubNet :192.168.55.0
Gateway :  none or default (0.0.0.0)

It is not the first time I setup a Linux machine and I never encountered

this problem before. But of course, I'm not realy a Linux Guru......

Any idea on this ?
Thank you.

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english

2. XF86Config for Diamond Stealth 64 PCI

3. Help - can't ping one of my machines (but it can ping me).

4. General Linux Question

5. Software to run a listserver

6. Ping: I can't ping machine names!

7. CDRW

8. Can't ping machines on local network!

9. Peer to peer network with two machines, ping doesn't work

10. Can't ping itself, but other machines on the network can

11. can ping/ssh into machine, but machine can't reach out.

12. Help: machines on subnet can't ping the machines outside subnet