HELP with MAIL

Post by Timothy J. Richt » Tue, 08 Mar 1994 11:35:12

Hi-
I am on a NeXT station running UNIX, I was wondering

from sending you mail....

Email direct..

Also
How do you "feed" files into /sh/bin ///???
(i.e in UUDECODING))
Thanks
Tim

HELP with MAIL

Post by Part » Fri, 18 Mar 1994 20:46:37

> I am on a NeXT station running UNIX, I was wondering

> from sending you mail....

I dont know of any way to block the sending of mail, but the "filter"
program that comes with elm can be used to immediately delete mail by
certain senders as soon as they have arrived in you mailbox.

Quote:> How do you "feed" files into /sh/bin ///???
> (i.e in UUDECODING))

What is /sh/bin?
If it is a directory, you can create files in it by giving
/sh/bin/filename as the output file name of your command
(you need write permission in the directory to do so).

--

EDV-Zentrum, Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Nussdorfer Laende 11                      Please correct me if I'm wrong!

HELP with MAIL

Post by Jon Hamilt » Thu, 24 Mar 1994 01:42:50

[...]

Quote:>> How do you "feed" files into /sh/bin ///???
>> (i.e in UUDECODING))
>What is /sh/bin?
>If it is a directory, you can create files in it by giving
>/sh/bin/filename as the output file name of your command
>(you need write permission in the directory to do so).

I think he meant /bin/sh, judging by the uudecode reference.  The answer
is: sh <filename>, where <filename> is the name of the uuencoded file.

|   CS Solaris Systems Support Group, Iowa State University      |

1. HELP-HELP-HELP: intranet mail

Hello, I'm coming with some questions... :)

I want to build intranet email. What kind of software that I need?
What is the differ qmail and sendmail?

Now I have a linux redhat 2.0.32 with samba, ip_masq, apache installed
already. How I start to install intranet mail? Please guide me step by
step.

This is my opinion, please correct if i'm wrong. The software that I
will install will provide pop3. And every client in LAN can send email

clients (win95) in the LAN could use email client like eudora or
pegasus for send and receive email. IS IT CORRECT?

Thanks for your response, bye

2. users vs. who

3. Help Help with Mail Question

4. RedHat 5.0

5. Thanks for the Help [was Help Been Mail Bombed!]

6. Where is KDE???

7. HELP with Mail

8. libxine 0.9.9 compile error

9. email help using MAIL/SENDMAIL

10. HELP - no mail for any new users

11. Help mounting mail under Solaris 2.3

12. help with mail

13. Help with mail, stopped receiving