1. Console vs. vt100 termcap/terminfo
I am trying to "fix" the termcap and terminfo entries for console,
vt100, and xterm.
Especially the terminfo entries seem to be only 90% correct.
During my experiments, I noticed that the codes send by the arrow keys
from the linux console change. The power-up code for the up-arrow key
is ^[[A, but when I set TERM to vt100 instead of console, then the
code becomes ^[OA.
Seems like the init string for vt100 sets the terminal emulation in
a certain mode, but the init string for console does not switch it back.
I tried to go through the source for the terminal emulation, but the
comments there do not help (there are none ;-), and the source itself
is not meant for human consumption.
If anybody could provide some insight, or mail me the escape codes and
keycodes for the linux console / vt100, I would appreciate it.
I am also trying to get a working termcap/terminfo for ansi as used by
DOS communications programs. Sometimes named ansipc or ansi-bbs. The
ones I manufactured so far seem to work ok, but there are some glitches
with certain dos programs. Any input on that would be highly appreciated
Conclusion: I am really not impressed with the quality of the terminfo
entries I saw so far. I looked at alot of 'em, and all of them do have
some serious bugs. Since they are really hard to debug, I can see why
Remco Treffkorn, DC2XT
2. Creating CDROM Install Image
3. TERMCAP/TERMINFO needed for vt100
4. new user hardware questions
5. VT100 termcap/terminfo in SuSE 6.2 buggy?
6. choosing backup tape hardware
7. vt100, vt100-am, vt100-bot-s . . .
8. Cypernetics Disk ?
9. vt100 terminfo entry???
10. Curses, terminfo, vt100, Alternate character set?
11. Terminfo entries for vt100 with spanish keyboard
12. vt100 or ansi terminal emulation with curses/termcap library
13. Decent vt100 termcap entry?