Where's the FAQ?

Post by blue.. » Fri, 28 May 1993 21:55:40

please e-mail me...

1. I see it's a faq, but it's not a faq!

I've searched through dejanews, and seen a lot of people asking the
generally similar question, but nobody is answering it.  So, now it's my
turn to post and ask, hoping that the others have been responded to over
email rather than usenet...   I'm trying to install RedHat 4.2 on a beat up
486 I bought.  I has a 129Mb HDD, 486SX, and 4 megs of ram.  When I boot off
of the RH boot disk I get this message (these are the last lines):

out of memoryVFS: Cannot open root device 08:02

So, my specific question is, what's going on here?  And my general question
is, where would I go to look up the error codes?  i.e., the 02 means IDE
HDD, 06 is a SCSI HDD, 05 is a network card...  whatever.  Is this listed
anywhere??

Thanks a lot, I can't wait to get this running!

-CLC
--

Christopher L. Cook

2. dbx question

3. two FAQ's not in the FAQ-O-MATIC

4. hello all you b0tz

5. FAQ FOUND!! Was: Where's the FAQ??

6. Error installing OpenLinux1.3 - Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs

7. Cipher- Linux FAQ's and Howto's, OC'ing and Books

8. rdist Security

9. memory usage and ``free''---beyond what's in the FAQ

10. ksh 'or' in test. (maybe FAQ)

11. GCC can't find cpp -FAQ doesn't help

12. I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

13. 'ppp -direct' problems (Is there a FAQ?)