Unix CHMOD command and parameters...

Post by D. Zweigl » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Would anyone be so kind as to refresh my memory on the Unix CHMOD
command and its corresponding parameters.

Thanks,

D.Z.

Post by Alexander Plotniko » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Would anyone be so kind as to refresh my memory on the Unix CHMOD
> command and its corresponding parameters.

man chmod

--
Alexander Plotnikov,
Junior SysAdm at Privoljskaya Railroad, Russia

Unix CHMOD command and parameters...

Post by Daniel Zeped » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Simply type:  man chmod<ENTER>

Your memory will be magically refreshed, and you will have the information
at your fingertips.

> Would anyone be so kind as to refresh my memory on the Unix CHMOD
> command and its corresponding parameters.

> Thanks,

> D.Z.

1. passing parameter to shell function as in the normal unix commands (not positional parameter)

Hi,

I have a function defined in in .profile which accepts three
parameters.

function myfn
{
var1=$1
var1=$3
var1=$3

I am wondering, whether the function can be invkoded as

"myfun -c var1 -d var2 -e var3"

The reason, I would prefer this method, because I don't have to know
the order of the parameters and optionally I can ignore one or more of
the parameter and set the default value, inside the program if needed.

note: I know, it can be invoked as "myfun var1 var2 var3"
      I am using ksh under AIX 5.2

Thanks,
Prince.

2. Gnucash - Yeah, right.

3. chmod question; chmod a-x /bin/chmod?

4. Storing a list of filenames in a variable

5. Need chmod command for Unix Netscape

6. optiquest=?viewsonic monitor?

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Need Help with tlan.o for Compacq deskpro 4000 and Netellignet

9. Problems caused by the command " chmod -R 777 / "

10. How does a chmod command affect login script path setting and any umask set?

11. Real Audio (was Re: Details on the CHMOD command)

12. Chmod commands for directory protection ?

13. Problems caused by the command " chmod -R 777 / "