How to transfer 5GB files from NT to UNIX??

How to transfer 5GB files from NT to UNIX??

Post by Will Macdonal » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am getting 5GB MPEG2 movie files from an NT machine.  I am trying to
transfer them to a UNIX box that is not logically connected.

What format can I write to tape on an NT machine that will be readable
on the UNIX box?

Can I break up the file and reassemble it on the UNIX box?

I have tried using utilities like WinTAR and MKS Toolkit, but so far
they do not seem to support > 2GB files.

Post by Surya V. Avants » Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I am getting 5GB MPEG2 movie files from an NT machine.  I am trying to
> transfer them to a UNIX box that is not logically connected.

> What format can I write to tape on an NT machine that will be readable
> on the UNIX box?

> Can I break up the file and reassemble it on the UNIX box?

> I have tried using utilities like WinTAR and MKS Toolkit, but so far
> they do not seem to support > 2GB files.

Why don't you try the split command ? Lookup the command reference and
that should help you.

--
Surya Avantsa                   |Any opinions expressed by me in this
Software Consultant             |message are mine and not necessarily

1. automated file transfer between UNIX and NT

I am looking for a solution to transfer files automatically between a
UNIX box and a NT box. These two boxes are connected through a LAN.
Each box has two directories, inbound & outbound. Each one send the
files in its outbound directory to another one?s inbound directory.
Does anybody know is there any shareware/freeware/third-party product
which can meet this goal? I have not selected the UNIX  type, so any
UNIX, HP-UX/AIX/Solaris, whatever is OK. However the  NT version is
4.0.  I would appreciate if somebody help.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Redhat 5.1 Modem/ISP setup

3. Transferring files from Unix to/from NT

4. AccuLogic SCSI drivers?

5. automated file transfer between UNIX and NT

6. HELP!!! SVGALIB Sucks!!!

7. Auto File Transfer from Unix to NT

8. Device Driver for Sierra Wireless Aircard or Pocket Plus

9. automated file transfer between UNIX and NT

10. file transfer from NT to Unix

11. File transfers on Mainframes, Unix & NT, what's preferred?

12. UNIX -> MSDOS -> UNIX File transfers

13. new Unix user: How do I transfer file from MSDOS diskette onto Unix pc hard disk?