Introduction needed

Post by mgabr.. » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

hello,

I'm looking for a brief introduction for the unix -operating system.
especially preferable would be either a html-file or any textfile
to download. Any hints, comments or remarks are greatly be
appreciated.

thanks in advance

1. need introduction to sockets

I want to write a daemon which will be connected by
some clients. It stores information provided by the client
and gives it back when requested.

As far as I know I need sockets to enable the daemon/client
communication (at least on BSD System).

Does anybody know a good introduction (book, web-site ...)
for that ?

Thanks

Uwe Kerst

PS. Pleas answer by e-mail as well

2. Help with a qic 1000 tape drive

3. FAQ? I need an introduction to linux

4. I: Apache SSL dumps core

5. Need introduction on sendmail!!!!

6. reverse masq?

7. Introduction to Linux Class, Davis, March 5th

8. ! NCR 53c810 SCSI card, TeraSys Magneto-Optical Drive: no access

9. NYC LOCAL: Monday 3 March 2003 NYC Smalltalk: Introduction to Smalltalk

10. Introduction to X programming

11. Introduction into Unix

12. introduction

13. Unix Introduction Course