backup via another sun tape drive

Post by A. M. Ilya » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have two sun stations one (sun2) with the tape drive (external) and
the other(sun1) w/o, they are both on network.

How can I backup up sun1 on sun2's tape drive. any suggestions????

both sun's are running on SunOS 413

thanks for all the hlep

1. dial up to internet via modem, drive converter, tape drive backup on redhat6.0

I used the sample script under /usr/doc/ppp-2.3.7/scripts to connect to
the internet.  However, I got the error msg in /var/log/messages file saying
that "pppd: connect script failed" ( I changed the phone, account and
password vars to the correspondings).  Does anyone get a clue?

Does anyone know how to convert linux file systems to winNT file systems
or vice versa.   I am trying to transfer files from linux box to winNT box
or
from winNT box to linux box.

I want to do the backup to tape drive on linux box.  (tar ?)  Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

mc

2. Dial-in server blues....

3. Backup of NT Partition with Linux to remote Tape Drive on SUN/HP

4. Linux on PCI????

5. Backup options for PC to sun tape drive

6. Path Name to kdev_t

7. PC backup to tape drive on SUN

8. Adobe SVG Viewers/Plugins/Browsers in Linux?

9. tape backups, scsi tape drive?

10. using 14gb 8mm tape drive to write tapes for 2gb tape drive

11. Interchange 4mm tapes btwn Sun and HP tape drives

12. How to restore DDS tape data on Sun DDS-3 tape drive?

13. Taper - Backup software for tape drives, floppies, files, ZIP drives...