Install Software?

Post by Stud » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Is anyone out there know how to install the software in Sun Workstation?
When we get done with installation how to access this software for
the other users?  Thanks for any advise.

Install Software?

Post by Joshua Coat » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>Is anyone out there know how to install the software in Sun Workstation?
>When we get done with installation how to access this software for
>the other users?  Thanks for any advise.

Ummm....That's sort of like calling up an auto-shop and  asking the
mechanic  "How do I fix my broken car? and after I do that, how do I
drive it?"

You'll have to be a lot more specific about what kind of software you
want to install, what kind of workstation it is (Sparc 1, 5 etc.)  and
what sort of operating system you have running on it.  About letting
other users have access to it, that depends on what sort of software
it is and where you end up installing it.

1. Install software with its prereq software in a different directory

Hi folks,
i have the follwoing problem
A software (A) needs for installation a different package (B) which is
not installed but available in a different directory.
example
# installp -ad /lppsource/A A.bff
# error needed fileset B.bff

# Directory structure
/lppsource/A
/lppsource/B

Is there any way to tell the installp command (maybe with an
enviroment variable) to use also the directory "/lppsource/B" for
installation ?

Hajo

2. Problems with vgalib and octave

3. Software for Installing Software

4. rsync connection reset by peer error RH 8.0

5. How to determine installed software ?

6. Reinstalling Linux

7. Adding indexes for installed software to docsearch?

8. Mutt kills Linus.

9. Help on installing Software

10. Installing software from CD-ROM

11. HELP! Problem installing software