Command-line MIME composer

Post by Mike Fris » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

        Can somebody recommend a command-line tool which I could use to
generate MIME encoded email messages?  I basically want something which
I can pass a filename to and it'll generate a message from it complete
with the "Content-type" header and all others req'd.  I have looked at
mmencode, but it doesn't generate the headers.

        I need something which I can use in a shell script which will
email a binary file.

Thanks.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                                        (416) 496-2200 Ext. 2272
Software Engineer
Hummingbird Communications Ltd.                 North York, Ontario, Canada

            Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not my employer

Command-line MIME composer

Post by Peter Wyzl » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

composer":

Quote:>        Can somebody recommend a command-line tool which I could use to
>generate MIME encoded email messages?  I basically want something which
>I can pass a filename to and it'll generate a message from it complete
>with the "Content-type" header and all others req'd.  I have looked at
>mmencode, but it doesn't generate the headers.

>        I need something which I can use in a shell script which will
>email a binary file.

Perhaps "mailto" will help. As the name says it is only for sending mail.
The program has the look and feel of the standard "mail", but produces MIME
headers.

Hope this helps.

\bye
Peter

Command-line MIME composer

Post by Kurt J Lan » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>        Can somebody recommend a command-line tool which I could use to
>generate MIME encoded email messages?  I basically want something which
>I can pass a filename to and it'll generate a message from it complete
>with the "Content-type" header and all others req'd.  I have looked at
>mmencode, but it doesn't generate the headers.
>        I need something which I can use in a shell script which will
>email a binary file.

I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but if you
have Elm, you can feed it a message with [include] commands
which will pick MIME enclosures. Hope this helps.

1. Command line utility for MIME

Hello,

I want to know if there are built-in utilities or free utilities in
Unix, particularly in Solaris, wherein I can create a script to
automatically send a mail with binary file attachment that is MIME
compliant. If I didn't skip it, I think, mailx nor mail does not have a
command line option to attach a file.

If I have to program in C, can you give me the libraries that I can use
to create my own MIME mail user agent.

Any tips or tricks you can share?

Thanks a lot.

Jet B. Bagadion

2. Why is IRQ set to DOS standard?

3. QUESTION: How to send html or other MIME type from command line.

4. gcc internal error - memory fault??

5. Command line driven MIME ..?

6. IBM's SNA, interface to System/36, with Linux?

7. Sending MIME attachments via command line

8. Bugs, or is it just me?

9. S/MIME e-mail via command line

10. How do I send MIME email from command line?

11. How to open the mail composer of Evolution via shell command?

12. Adding header lines using command line mail program

13. what sed command to print the first line and the last line