lex/flex and yacc/bison

Post by Aaron Ta » Wed, 13 May 1992 16:58:19

I hope this is an appropriate group for my request.

I'd like to hear from people familiar with the Unix programs lex/flex
and yacc/bison.  I've read an introductory chapter on each of these but
find myself with a lot of questions on their use.  They seem like wonderful
4th-generation languages and I'd like to learn how to use them for non-
trivial applications such as those described in the chapters mentioned
above.  Mostly, I'd like someone I can ask questions of, and for examples
of lex and yacc programs at work together.

Regards,

--Aaron Tank

PS Please email me your responses as I don't think my request is of popular
interest.

1. Object-oriented lex(flex) and yacc(bison) for c++?

I'm interested in using lex and yacc to implement a parser for one of
my projects, and would really like to know if there's something out
there that facilitates something a little easier to incorperate it into
my c++ code.  I'd like to have a Parser class, which uses the two
utilities.  What's out there that might help, or be of interest?

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated...

[I prefer email responses, since I don't have time to read news often.]

-Christian

2. compatibility

3. lookinf for Flex.Lex and Bison/Yacc ...

4. MIcrochannel [RE: MS Payola?]

5. flex/lex/bison/yacc parser for C ?

6. Procmail for SCO: Where?

7. Yacc/Lex vs Bison/Flex

8. Huge Swap_File on Solaris 2.4 ?

9. lexer/parser generators other than lex/yacc/flex/bison

10. Lex (Flex) and Yacc (or Bison) questions.

11. flex/bison(lex/yacc) help needed.

12. flex,lex,yacc & bison doc???

13. Lex/Yacc Substitute (not bison/flex)