trying to print out RCS's rcs.ms file

Post by Sunil Matt » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:43:26

On SUN/Solaris 2.6,  printer is HP5si

trying to print out RCS's rcs.ms file like :
nroff -ms rcs.ms | lpr

but I get a lot of octcal chars in the output !

Am I using the right package ?
Is there a different macro package that I need to use ?

Sunil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Ken Pizzi » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:50:39

>On SUN/Solaris 2.6,  printer is HP5si

>trying to print out RCS's rcs.ms file like :
>nroff -ms rcs.ms | lpr

>but I get a lot of octcal chars in the output !

>Am I using the right package ?
>Is there a different macro package that I need to use ?

-ms is the right macro package.  I may not be remembering
correctly, but I think that Solaris' nroff formats for an
ASR-33 by default --- including the use of its escape sequences
for things like "reverse line feed" and half-line motions.
Try either filtering through "col":
   nroff -ms rcs.ms | col | lpr
or specifying a different output device type:
   nroff -Tlp -ms rcs.ms | lpr
(man nroff; man col)

                --Ken Pizzini

1. + RCS + oops, I can't check-in after a rcs -u command

Hi,

I am programming together with someone and to update files we use RCS
to keep track of previous releases. The other person locked a file
which I was about to edit, so I tried to unlock it with the command:
rcs -u filename.
However the file was not group owned, so asked to make it accessible
by changing the mode of the file with : chmod 664 filename.
Then I started editing, I corrected some errors and then I wanted to
check-in this file with the command: ci filename, however this is not
accepted, also not when the other person is doing this.

Any help would be appreciated, moreover a faq or any
information on the net on RCS would be welcomed as well.

Ciao

    Bart

Department of Automatic Control         |      |  Ulrikedalsvagen 2,room T 306
of Lund Institute of Technology         | (o)(o)  S-22458 Lund
tel ++46-46-2228777 (during daytime)    C      _) fax: ++46-46-138118
                                         | ,___|
                                         |   /
_________________________________oOOo___/____\_____oOOo________ Cheer up! ___

2. Mutliple Net cards, IP-Masquarading, AppleShare, oh my...

3. Announce: CS-RCS V2.0 -- Share RCS Files on UNIX and Windows

4. Archive of old GCC binaries and binutils?

5. How to make RCS work with shared RCS directory

6. Netfilter problem with ipchain masqurading

7. RCS, how to have a common RCS directory?

8. Install Problems

9. Odd RCS co 'file in use' problem

10. Problem: RCS and binary files - can't check in

11. RCS for MS DOS

12. /sbin/rcS unexpected ')'

13. 'Distributed' RCS?