feeding rn a file of commands

Post by Homer Wilson Smi » Mon, 04 Apr 1994 16:48:34

     I would like some help building a short cron job to help me
automatically archive the articles of a news group.  I am not well
versed in unix, but I can understand anything you tell me.

     Please use csh if possible.  I am really ignorant of the rest.

     The articles are stored as usual in a given path, each article
name is the article number in the directory with the newsgroup name.

     Every night at 1:00am I want the machine to copy only those
articles of the previous day over to my home directory or directory of
choice.  Each day that goes by should collect the previous days
articles in the same directory.

     The problem is how to copy ONLY those articles of the previous
day to the new directoy.

     (periodically I will collect them into a big file and store
them on an ftp site, erasing them from the saved directory.)

     Answers by private e-mail are fine.  Thanks for your attention
and help.

     Homer

1. non interactively feeding a file to a command

Hi *,

 how could you feed a file to a command without doing it on the command
prompt.

 There is a way to feed sfdisk with all the information you need to let it
partition a file as shown, e.g, here:

http://linuxgazette.net/issue46/nielsen.html

 but say you have a script that will create "Data.Part" and then feed it to
sfdisk how could you do that?

 otf

2. Epson Stylus Color 500??

3. Feeding file with PID # to KILL command

4. Sanyo S1G IDE CD-ROM driver?

5. Killfiles in RN/RN in general

6. another self-propogating worm in the wild?

7. "=>" symbol at end of netstat -rn command

8. what program do I need for using modem?

9. C shell command to use 'file' command to automatically scale a file

10. ssh2 command auto-feeding

11. Feed a command output to awk

12. Feeding <CR> into a command

13. How can I force a form feed using the lp command...?