Mpeg to Audio conversion

Post by Igor She » Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I have a mpeg2 sounds sample which I need to listen to on Sparc
workstation. Can you please suggest me a utility which would convert
it into .au format? I have sox utility, but it doesn't recognize mpeg2
format.
Thanks in advance

--
Igor Sheyn
http://acs.bu.edu:8001/~sheyn/home.html

1. Conversion of CELLB to MPEG

Aloha-

My professor has educational video clips encoded in CELLB format.  These
were recorded from VCR circa 1995 with a SPARC running Solaris 2.  He would
now like to convert these files to a more recent, more widely distributable
format, like MPEG.  Most of these files are stored in groups of three, with
a .tv, .au, and .cellb version of each file.

Are there any recommendations for a conversion utility?  Something that can
be called from a shell script is preferred to a gui utility.

I have checked Sun's website, but all I can find is a document explaining
the CELLB header.  Unfortunately, we lack the skill to take advantage of
such information.

TIA- Rod Gammon

2. Need DDD v3.2 RPM (problems with lesstif)

3. .AVI to Mpeg conversion on Linux ?

4. newbie: need mySQL and instructions

5. Conversion of CELLB to mpeg?

6. gnome applet missing on restart

7. MPEG Audio

8. New panel applets please!

9. Where to find MPEG-1 layer 1,2,3 audio encoder?

10. MPEG w/ Audio client for Solaris

11. MP3Blaster V2.01 -- Mpeg audio player for Linux

12. MPEG-1 video/audio encoder/decoder for Linux (command line, redhat) needed!

13. MPEG Audio encoder/decoder??