logout/exit/ctrlD

Post by wha.. » Fri, 23 Sep 1994 21:14:04

Quote:> I used to be able to logout of a session using ctrl-D rather than 'logout'
> or 'exit' .Since the DRS was upgraded to ICL's latest version of SVR4
> (ver7.?), ctrl-D no longer works. I presume I could alias it in my .cshrc
> but obviously this was set elsewhere. I've looked in the likely places for
> an entry for this on a Sun (where^D still works) without success. Anyone
> know what file etc has this in??

cntl-D is the eof character set for the terminal. Your settings on the DRS seem
to have lost this. Compare the output of command 'stty -a' on the DRS & SUN.
You can set this in your .login file as follows:

        stty eof

logout/exit/ctrlD

Post by wha.. » Fri, 23 Sep 1994 21:46:33

> > I used to be able to logout of a session using ctrl-D rather than
'logout'
> > or 'exit' .Since the DRS was upgraded to ICL's latest version of SVR4
> > (ver7.?), ctrl-D no longer works. I presume I could alias it in my
cshrc
> > but obviously this was set elsewhere. I've looked in the likely places
for
> > an entry for this on a Sun (where^D still works) without success. Anyone
> > know what file etc has this in??

> cntl-D is the eof character set for the terminal. Your settings on the DRS
seem

> to have lost this. Compare the output of command 'stty -a' on the DRS &
SUN.
> You can set this in your .login file as follows:

>    stty eof

This should've read:

        stty eof ^D