Help! Change csh to tcsh

Post by Arvind Kum » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: My current shell is C shell. How can I change it to tcsh?

First check where tcsh is on the system .
This can be done by the command: whereis tcsh.

Normally the path for tcsh is /usr/local/bin/tcsh.

Now, type at the unix prompt:

chsh

This will prompt u for the new shell; you must specify the full the path.
Then you have to type your passwd in, and the shell will be changed.

Cheers!

Arv

Help! Change csh to tcsh

Post by Michael Fu » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: : My current shell is C shell. How can I change it to tcsh?

["chsh" recommended]

Also, if your system doesn't have chsh (a few don't), you can use
"passwd -s" to change your login shell.

  Regards,

    Mike

Help! Change csh to tcsh