Deleting special files

Post by manfred.leop.. » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:14:19

Hi together,

sorry, but I'm perhaps a little bit st...

Problem:
Will delete files in a special folderstructure. Files must be selectet
with
a) either not older than 24 hours (1 day) or all
b) files of all subdirs should be deleted - or even only the special
folder

Variables:
PPath will be the variable for the selected path, can be set by
variables etc.
PP1 will be the time-argument (1 or 0) as older 24 hours or all

this will be done mostly with
find $PPath -ctime $PP1 -exec -rm -i {}\;

as far as I know.
But this will delete all files from special path beginning and all
subdirectories too.
What can stop it, to delete only the special directory, and not the
supdirs??

Thanks for answer.

Manfred

1. How to delete special files on msdos partition?

Hi!
I found that I can't delete special (i.e. hidden/system/readonly)
files on a mounted msdos partition, even as root.  I tried to
change the permissions with chmod, but that didn't help either.
Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks a lot,
 Andy.

PS: It's Debian-Linux 1.2.4 on a PC-based machine.
 Andy Spiegl, PhD Student, Technical University, Muenchen, Germany

2. Automating program

3. \\\ Professional Images Virtual Domains/// Special Special Special Special

4. Two IP's, one box, ftp on 1 IP

5. how do delete file with special name ??

6. How about something more than Xman/regular man pages

7. delete a special character file

8. Console messages?

9. deleting 'special char' files

10. deleting file with special character in name

11. Deleting files with special ch in filename

12. Can't Delete a certian Character Special file -- Why/How?