How to equate tty port to an IP address?

How to equate tty port to an IP address?

Post by Jim Latens » Fri, 04 Feb 1994 01:40:34

In the distant past I saw references in the news about if this is
possible or not but can't get the information back. Is there a FAQ
or some source where I can find out how to tie a network terminal
back to an IP address. We are trying to set a environment up for a
generic userid when it is used to logon to the system,
but based on the IP address, some parts of the environment are different.
As usual, any and all help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
                         Jim Latenser  Kansas City Power and Light

1. How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

Under HPUX the command would be

who -mR

to give me the host name or IP address of the client that is connected on
the pseudo tty port. On older versions of SCO UNIX this does not appear to
be available and is not included in the structures for utmp.

I need (preferable via a unix script) to identify which physical PC is
connecting to the SCO box via a terminal emulator.

2. bootable root disk with networking available

3. How to map a tty port to another tty port

4. awk question

5. specifying a port number to a network address/ip address

6. Reg expr question

7. Determining the IP address for a psuedo tty

8. DES encryption routines in Solaris 2.4

9. Fixed TTY to IP address possible?

10. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses

11. get IP address ass'd with a tty?

12. WANTED: pingmac <IP ADDR> which returns <MAC ADDRESS of IP ADDRESS>

13. How to link IP address to tty?