Transfering file from server to cliant and vice versa

Transfering file from server to cliant and vice versa

Post by altr.. » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:15:51

i am trying to write a short program that will allow me to upload and
download files from a server. The server needs to be listening for the
cliants request at all times. When the cliant is run the user will
have to input the server I.P. address.
Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where i could find code that
will do the above? all and any help greatfully accepted.
Thanks to all in advance.

Post by Chuck Dillo » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:44:34

> i am trying to write a short program that will allow me to upload and
> download files from a server. The server needs to be listening for the
> cliants request at all times. When the cliant is run the user will
> have to input the server I.P. address.
> Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where i could find code that
> will do the above? all and any help greatfully accepted.
> Thanks to all in advance.

Sounds like you just need to automate ftp with an expect script.  See
http://expect.nist.gov/.

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon
Senior Software Engineer

1. Transfering files from server to cliant and vice versa

i am trying to write a short program that will allow me to upload and
download files from a server. The server needs to be listening for the
cliants request at all times. When the cliant is run the user will
have to input the server I.P. address.
Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where i could find code that
will do the above? all and any help greatfully accepted.
Thanks to all in advance.

2. Linux moving to the front

3. Apache & Solaris & LDAP

4. how to backup files from solaris 8 to linux rh 6.0 or vice-versa at SOHO.

5. Help with mod_rewritecond

6. Can I take files from dos to unix & vice versa?

7. copying files from my directory to a floppy disk or vice versa

8. Can you mount Linux file systems and vice versa

9. "gd" gif library doesn't like the Apache server (or vice-versa)

10. How to map a bad block number to a file & vice versa

11. How to copy files from Dos to Linux, and vice versa??