Need help with setting correct path for GTK 1.2.9

Need help with setting correct path for GTK 1.2.9

Post by Fred Anderso » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:59:14

I installed gtk (after glib) 1.2.9, following these exact directions
(http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html) and get no
errors. I can type "gtk-config --version" in the shell, and that works too.
Yet when I try to compile anything requiring gtk, it returns "gtk-config
could not be found...and it fails. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

here are the env that I've set so far...

CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/gtk/include"
      LDFLAGS="-L/opt/gtk/lib"
      PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/gtk/lib/pkgconfig"
      export CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Need help with setting correct path for GTK 1.2.9

Post by Raymond Wa » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:27:30

Hi,

> I installed gtk (after glib) 1.2.9, following these exact directions
> (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html) and get no

        It's been a while since I installed GTK+, but it wasn't too
complicated -- it does require a few packages and you have to install them
in some order.  One problem I can see is that you're trying to install the
old 1.2.9 using the new 2.0 instructions.  1.2.9 was part of the last
stable release and while it should be fine, I would suggest you go for 2.0
-- the current stable release.  Go to http://www.gtk.org/ for it.

        Good luck!

Ray

1. need general help with setting paths & man paths for apps

Hello, basically what I know so far (which is limited ) is that I put in the
path to installed apps in my path through editing the /etc/default/login
script.

also when i installed gcc I added the installed app to my path, but after
compiling there was a share folder and a man folder, I take it the man
folder consists of the man pages so how do I add them to my path as in the
man path also when installing apps I noticed some references to enviroment
variables such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH.... How do I set these variables to there
corresponding applications (permanantly).

Any advice on the enviroment variables or paths and what they link to and
when(e.g I have been putting the .bin directorys in my path in mt
/etc/default/login script) whould be appreciated.

regards
David

2. Expect & TCL - HPUX port?

3. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

4. Linux + pppd

5. Almost working....font path is screwing up in X (path's correct)

6. Never ever send Pavel private mail unless you want him to publish it.

7. NEED HELP:With setting up X, I get a font path invalid errror message?

8. Setting up Diamond Stealth 64 Video (2MB VRAM) under XF3.1.2.

9. Help needed to set up mail path

10. PATH set by "rsh localhost echo \$PATH"

11. Problems w/ setting correct resolution...help?!

12. Setting correct IRQ for soundcard...help.