bash on sun terminals

Post by Erwin R. Manue » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Is there a way to get the command line editing functionality of bash to
work in sun terminals?  I'd like to be able to up arrow through my
previous commands and edit them.

--
Erwin R. Manuel

bash on sun terminals

Post by Matthew Brow » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have downloaded the bash code and compiled it on Sparc5's.  It works
fine.  In addition, you can get tcsh, which allows command recall by the
use of the arror keys.

- Wade

> Is there a way to get the command line editing functionality of bash to
> work in sun terminals?  I'd like to be able to up arrow through my
> previous commands and edit them.

> --
> Erwin R. Manuel

bash on sun terminals

Post by Erwin R. Manue » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I apologize to all for not giving any details in the original post.  It
should have said 'How do i get bash's command line editing to work on
shell tools under openwin?'  Bash is installed and functioning properly
on all the servers I telnet into.  I just got so used to Host Presenter
(using vt100/vt220 emulation), and I missed the functionality when I
started using shell tools.

--

>I have downloaded the bash code and compiled it on Sparc5's.  It works
>fine.  In addition, you can get tcsh, which allows command recall by
the
>use of the arror keys.

>- Wade

>> Is there a way to get the command line editing functionality of bash
>> work in sun terminals?  I'd like to be able to up arrow through my
>> previous commands and edit them.

>> --
>> Erwin R. Manuel

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. nfs + nis problem

3. BASH on Sun with dumb terminals

4. diamond edge and/or stealth supported by xfree?

5. sun curses: switching to line mode with standout on "sun" terminal

6. CPU Load on Solaris 2.7

7. getting good curses box chars on sun and sun-cmd terminals

8. Kmail question

9. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

10. Bash calls TCL, TCL calls Bash, 2nd Bash never reads input

11. bash, MAILCHECK notification and multiple terminals

12. bash kills ASCII-Terminal ?

13. setup bash as default for terminal in .profile