fetchpop for solaris

Post by * Tong » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

All the fetchpop I found on the web are for linux. Is there a version
for solaris?

besides, where is the home page for fetchpop? This one is not:
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~oh

Thanks!

--
remove _nospam to reply.

1. fetchpop 1.9: Error getting LASt status of read mail

I recently installed  fetchpop-1.9-2.i386.rpm on my RedHat 5.2 system.

Installation was a breeze. I checked the $HOME/.fetchhost file that was
produced, and it contains the correct entry for my ISP's mail server.

Running fetchpop in the foreground, either with an "-r" option or no option
at all, results in the following:

fetchpop 1.9pl1 release, by Seung-Hong Oh.
using mailbox folder /var/spool/mail/root
[-Error-] Getting status of LAST read mail. Disconnecting from the pop
server.

As well, checking $? indicates a return code of  6.

My fetchpop version is:

FETCHPOP Version and Compile-time Configuration Information:

        fetchpop 1.9pl1 release, Jun 1996
        Copyrigt (c) 1996 Seung-Hong Oh
         Default deliver: Direct modifying mailbox
         MDA (-m flag) support: Use /usr/lib/sendmail
         Procmail(-p flag) support: Use /usr/bin/formail
         Mail spool directory: /var/spool/mail
         Log file: Show From and Subject lines.
                   Logging only when there is new mail.
         Minimum sleep second: 300

I checked its "man" page; it mentions using the "-r" for pop servers which
do not recognize the "LAST" or "QUIT" command. Unfortunately, as mentioned
above, this does not work either.

I, additionally, ran fetchpop as a daemon; same error as above was returned
in the log file.

I know my ISP runs MS Windows NT, and, most likely, MS Exchange.

I am at at a loss as to what to do; the documentation I have offers no
solution. Has anyone experienced such problems ? Can anyone offer a
suggestion or solution ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony Borla

2. Problems with X11

3. Pop3d and Fetchpop help!

4. Setup of a Web Server...

5. fetchpop 1.9: Error getting status of LAST read mail

6. Restricting user account to console

7. fetchpop -- multiple hosts..how

8. How to fix unallocated sectors?

9. SunOS 5.6 vs Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 7 vs Solaris 8

10. FS: SOLARIS 7 SERVER, SOLARIS EASY ACCESS 2.0, SOLARIS 2.6 KIT

11. quota problems between solaris and solaris machines, and solaris and sunos4.1.3 machines.

12. Solaris 10 (build 63) upgrade fails on Solaris 8 as well as Solaris 9 sparcs

13. Solaris to solaris unstable, Solaris to HPUX stable??