tcsh job control

Post by bmk Bradley Ku » Sat, 23 May 1992 20:37:41

Does job control for tcsh run under SysVR3 on an AT&T3b2/600, or is the
operating system unable to handle it?

 -- Brad Kuhn  Computer Systems Development, Inc

     UUCP:     ...uunet!rhlab!bkuhn

1. Problems with job control and tcsh

  When I invoke tcsh from a serial login, I get the message:

Warning: no access to tty (Bad file number).
Thus no job control in this shell.

  I don't have a clue what this error is.  I'm using tcsh-6.04, which is the
latest and greates, as far as I know.  Anyone know how to fix this?

  Thanks,
  Cliff

    Cliff Koch
    Motorola Cellular Infrastructure Division

2. HELP: VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01..."

3. POSIX job control (was Re: Problems with tcsh 6.00 and SCO Unix)

4. Linux Friendly ISP!

5. job control in tcsh on Solaris 2.5

6. How to run my Xserver as a X terminal

7. TCSH: "No job control in this shell"

8. Solaris 2.4 DNS and Mail service

9. broken job control with bash and tcsh

10. tcsh 6.04, no job control

11. Can't get job control in Emacs w/ tcsh or bash

12. fg / bg / job control / tcsh

13. JOB CONTROL FOR JOBS w/o a TTY (using BASH)?