Info on X-windows text(s)

Post by rat.. » Thu, 18 Jun 1992 10:06:04

        I would appreciate a pointer to good book on X-window
programming, please e-mail the response.
Thanks in advance,

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. Modem on linux and win98

3. Exiting X-windows doesn't return me to a text window

4. CDROM Kernels

5. X-Windows text message window

6. Ghostscript and printing a few pages

7. Switching between text-window and X-windows

8. Good resource to refer hacked admins to?

9. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

10. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

11. Text appears bad in X-windows runnig on Linux

12. Text screen is not restored after exiting from X-windows

13. Switching from Text-Console to X-Windows...