Need UNIX terminal emulator for Win95

Post by Grzegorz Klosows » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hallo,

  maybe somebody know where (in the Internet) I could obtain a free
copy of simple HP-UX terminal emulator and Xterminal emulator for
Win95?

Thanks for advance,
Grzegorz Klosowski

Post by David Ann » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Hallo,

>  maybe somebody know where (in the Internet) I could obtain a free
>copy of simple HP-UX terminal emulator and Xterminal emulator for
>Win95?

>Thanks for advance,
>Grzegorz Klosowski

The free simple terminal emulator is called 'telnet.exe' and it is in
C:\WINDOWS (you already have it, unless I am seriously confused).

...but I don't know about any free Xterm emulators. We use Extra!X for
about 175 USD.
** Dave Annis         | With age comes wisdom, if you **
** Sheboygan, WI      |   stay awake along the way!   **

Post by Chook » Sun, 06 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> >Hallo,

> >  maybe somebody know where (in the Internet) I could obtain a free
> >copy of simple HP-UX terminal emulator and Xterminal emulator for
> >Win95?

> >Thanks for advance,
> >Grzegorz Klosowski

> The free simple terminal emulator is called 'telnet.exe' and it is in
> C:\WINDOWS (you already have it, unless I am seriously confused).

> ...but I don't know about any free Xterm emulators. We use Extra!X for
> about 175 USD.
> ** Dave Annis         | With age comes wisdom, if you **
> ** Sheboygan, WI      |   stay awake along the way!   **

Look into MI/X an xserver for win95.

 http://www.rahul.net/kenton/xsites.framed.html

should have pointers to it

--
David H.

1. need urgent help: terminal emulator for UNIX...

Is there a reason ftp will not work?  or perhaps sz/rz will do the trick
for you?

Laterer,

Ron DuFresne

: need urgent help: terminal emulator for UNIX...

: which is capable of transfering files (sending and receiving) to unix host
: from PC.

: Some years ago, I have done this with terminal emulation proggy called PCU
: (I am not 100% sure this is right name) and I have transferred files both
: ways (to and from host). Now I need to exchange some files again .... how to
: do that (host is same as before, nothing has changed on it, it is old 386
: with 12 Meg of RAM)....

: Thanks for any help

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

2. Making bootdisk: Yard-1.12a and Redhat 5.0

3. Free Unix terminal emulator for vt100 & wyse50 terminals on Windows OS

4. Where are the WP demo chunks?

5. need urgent help: terminal emulator for UNIX...

6. PPP Problem

7. Terminal Emulator for Win95

8. Switching ethernet cards...

9. Win95 emulator for Unix?

10. UNIX BLIT terminal emulator wanted for the Mac Plus

11. Windows NT4 Emulator or Terminal Program For UNIX

12. PD modem-server/terminal-emulator available for UNIX?

13. Which UNIX terminal emulator are you using ?