MacBSD on Mac IIvx?

Post by Peter Tilman » Thu, 09 Mar 1995 17:12:46

Can NetBSD for Mac be run on a Mac IIvx?

Where can I FTP the latest version?

--
Peter Tilmanis

1. MacBSD on IIvx / Performa 600 ?

Hi!
On our ftp-server (ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de) I found the MacBSD
distribution and some information about it, which seem to be pretty
old (Nov. 94). I read that "it will soon run on a IIvx".
- Does it up to now? If so, where do I get the last
  distribution/patches?
- If it runs on a vx, does it run on a Performa 600 (the only
  difference I know about is the version of the ROM, so if MacBSD
  accesses the hardware directly, there should be no difference)?
- I heared that the only problem on the vx ist the internal video
  "card". Does it run with an additional NuBus video card (if so,
  with all)?
- As MacBSD uses A/UX parttitions, is it possible to access files
  created by A/UX?
Thanx in advance (and excuse me for not readin all documents and may
ask some stupid questions covered in there)
Please reply via e-mail if possible.
Bernd

2. not good with shell scripting, but learning

3. Confused: Binaries for MacBSD to run on a IIvx - where?

4. Mustek Scanner with dtct3181?

5. X11 for 2.5 on m68k Mac IIvx

6. Cannot load libphp4.so?

7. My Mac IIci won't boot MacBSD

8. Dial from a Web page?

9. comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.apps

10. IIvx booting problems (fwd)

11. Booting NetBSD 1.2/mac68k on IIvx

12. MacBSD printing

13. MacBSD question