problem with /etc/ldsysdump on SCO-ODT system

problem with /etc/ldsysdump on SCO-ODT system

Post by sl.. » Wed, 25 Mar 1992 06:05:20

Hi:
  I think i am posting this question onto the right news group. I have
a question on SCO-ODT running on Compaq 486/33 Mhz system. Well, the
question i have is, when i try to run /etc/ldsysdump i get weird messages
which i am giving it down here. So, anyone has any idea please let me
to my personal e-mail account.
  Thanks in advance.

 -- session follows --

  Well, before i had to check system dump, my SCO based server got locked
up, so i have to reboot the system. That's when i got the message asking
for to save my dump. So, i saved it onto 11 1.44 Mb diskettes. For your
information workstation has 16 Meg of on-board memory. After saving the
dump, it says to use /etc/ldsysdump to cross-check on what really happened
before the crash. Surpringly, it doesn't have a man page.
  The following messages are the output on the screen:
  prompt>/etc/ldsysdump dmp_file
  /* Then it prompts for necessary details on floppy disk. */
  /* I have all of them correct. */
  /* The following are the error messages i got. */
  prompt>memsize: Invalid checksum
  prompt>expr: syntax error
  prompt>expr: syntax error
  prompt>/etc/ldsysdump: test: argument expected
  /* I couldn't makeout where exactly the above message came from
   * as it was not in the script file of /etc/ldsysdump. */
  prompt>System dump copied into dmp_file. Use crash(1M) to analyze the
         dump.
  /* So i check this dump file, it has a number(2097152) in it. */

  So, i was wondering anyone out there experienced some situation like
this. Any insights are welcome. Thanks.

  - vasu

  PS: ofcourse, i am running all this as root.

1. problem with /etc/ldsysdump on SCO-ODT system

[...]

2. Process id -> process name

3. DHCP with SCO ODT 5 and SCO ODT 3?

4. "Real-Time" Time Display in Console

5. Problems with SCO ODT Development System

6. password changes without shell

7. SCO ODT v1.1 - ODT-VIEW Anomaly

8. getting output of cgi or module in Apache

9. PANIC on SCO ODT using ODT-DOS

10. how to boot sco odt 2.0 using lilo under a scsi system ?

11. EPERM error under heavy load on 32 user SCO ODT 3.0 System

12. how to boot sco odt 2.0 using lilo under a scsi system ?