alternate screens and xterm

Post by Terry Tra » Mon, 12 Dec 1994 06:16:53

vi and emacs know how to use the alternate screen of a vt102 or
similar terminal, so that when you exit the editor it restores the
screen underneath.  For some reason this is not working in my xterm
windows running in openwindows, Solaris 2.3.  If I bring up a "command
shell" this feature is enabled, but I can't figure out how to enable
it in xterm.  what's the secret?

Thanks,
Terry

1. xterm alternate screen

For some reason alternate screen for vi and less is not
enabled, in in the VT options of xterm the show alternate screen option
is disabled. My termcap entry for xterm is includes the ti end te options.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it.

-Thanks
Oz
--
NAME   Oz Dror, Los Angeles, California

PHONE  (213) 874-7978  Fax (213) 874-7965

2. GeForce MX

3. Xterm alternate buffer & termcal

4. sorry for this Doooomy ?

5. Alternate xterm window problem

6. where can I find source code for lp, lpq etc.

7. vi/curses bug, AIX 4.3.2, alternate screens

8. Deadlock (almost) mounting NFS disks

9. alternate screen selection in termcap

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Full Screen Xterm or Rxvt?

12. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

13. Xterm control with mouse for VT screen sizes