cron and csh

Post by Steffen Webe » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I want to start a csh-script per crontab entry. This script
is starting within a 'foreach' loop an automatic telnet to
different computers. When I  start this script from command line
it works perfectly. As crontab entry the script ends the execution
after the first telnet is finished.
The user, which installed the cron job, has as login shell a csh
and no '.login' or '.cshrc' files.
Any ideas ?

Steffen Weber

1. cron.deny and cron.allow files for CRON management

Hi All

I  can not  seem to be able to  make these files  work. Despite  an
entry  in  cron.deny  file,  the  specific user  can use
the crontab  command  to  submit  a  job  to  cron and  the  job
does  gets  executed.
Crontab  command  is  supposed  to check  entries  in these  files.
Ido not think  this is  happening.

Any  idea  will  be  greatly  appreciated.
Please  send  me an e-mail.

Thanks

2. Hardware ?

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. How do you arrange the sequence of commands in the .login file

5. cron and csh

6. How can I lock a page and get the physical addr from user mode?

7. csh/awk behaving differently underer cron?

8. What's your favourite news agent?

9. cron and visual cron

10. cron, perl, and signals -- cron spins out of control

11. Why doesn't cron run the lp cron file?

12. Help! Cron and Samba / Cron and missing directories?

13. Cron <root@host> run-parts /etc/cron.daily