whoami not working

Post by Scott Albrec » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

For some reason I can't get the command whoami to work with a user on
one of My machines. It is running solaris 2.5.1 and the command works
with every other user on the system. the whoami command will work when
logging in on the slave server but it does not work when he is setting
the command line prompt for his workstation 2.5.1 as well. So I am
lost. It is not a big deal but any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Scottie

1. bootparam whoami

        I am in need of a piece of software.  It runs bootparam_whoami (or
something to that effect) and returns the NIS domain name.  I run
Ultrix 4.x and the copy of bootparam.c that I have won't compile on
ultirx.  If someone has a copy of the code and can modfiy it to run on
Ultrix, please post it.  Thanks, I just need this to make sure my
secure RPC really is secure.

                                        B. Anderberg

2. SCSI tape drive suggestions?

3. question about bootparams, hostconfig, whoami protocol, etc.

4. forwarding mail to remote mailsever...no lokal nameserver

5. whoami & pwd in comandline?

6. Is there anybody who can tell me how to configure CSO for linux?

7. whoami??

8. Need assistance with awk and shell programming ASAP!

9. Problem with whoami, finger in 0.99pl9

10. Strange WHOAMI Problem

11. strange message from 'whoami'

12. No bootparam (whoami)

13. problem with whoami